cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox icon disappeared from the uppermost bar on my mac laptop. How can I reinstall?

My Dropbox icon disappeared from the uppermost bar on my mac laptop. How can I reinstall?

keith11964
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hello community!

the dropbox icon disappeared from the uppermost bar on my Mac OSX laptop (where the wifi icon is).  how can I get it back?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

First, just see if you can launch the application again. If it's still installed, it should be in the list of applications that you can open. If you don't see it, just download the app and reinstall it.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

First, just see if you can launch the application again. If it's still installed, it should be in the list of applications that you can open. If you don't see it, just download the app and reinstall it.

acstudio
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same thing happened to three of my computers recently (we have seven- 4 old and 3 new - but all seven share the same dropbox). The DB Icon disapeared from the uppermost bar on three computers, but the dropbox folder remains in the Finder windows on those three computers, and the green circle icons on the right of each inner folder are "gone."  On the other computers DB seems normal - the green icon is on the right of each folder is there, etc, but they do not have the updated info that was saved on the computers without the Icon. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

tracy0263
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yep..Same here...Dropbox icon is gone from my left pane on my mac..

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @acstudio and @tracy0263, have you tried a reinstallation of the desktop app, as Rich mentioned in the post above?

Let me know how it goes! :upside_down:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

anne59
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same here. I reinstall every other week or so. No ohter permanent solutions offered by DB chat assistance. So annoying there is no phone support.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @anne59, sorry to hear about this experience. 

If you’ve ensured that you’re running the latest stable version of the desktop app (70.4.93), could you check if there are any third-party apps that could be blocking or hindering the app from running, like an antivirus? 

In this case, try temporarily disabling your antivirus or security program, and ensure that you’ve configured your firewall to work with Dropbox.

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

denisenw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just discovered that w Dropbox basic account you can only link 3 devices max to sync w dropbox.  I unlinked everything else and downloaded the most recent app and that seems to have fixed the problem

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @denisenw

Yes, you are right, Basic users have a three device limit and you can find more about this here.

Nonetheless, I’m glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end - awesome work! - but if you experience any issues again or you have further questions, don’t hesitate to give us a nudge. 

Have a wonderful day ahead! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

flixnpix
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I transfered some videos I edited yesterday to Dropbox and sent links to several people. However, this morning the DB icon is gone from the menu bar. So I clicked the app to start DB. Nothing happened. I rebooted my Mac and it still wasn't there so I re-downloaded the app and rebooted my Mac again . Still no menu bar icon. I clicked the app again and nothing happened. I've never had this problem before in 5 years of using Dropbox on this same Mac, except that a couple of weeks ago I upgraded to OSX Mojave 10.14.5, and I had to redownload the DB app because it disappeared after the install, but it's been there ever since until this morning. It was there last night, so why isn't it here this morning?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

flixnpix Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    denisenw New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?