cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: my dropbox installer wont run

my dropbox installer wont run

Shannon S.6
New member | Level 1

i tried running the installer as it states but im not getting anything coming up!

5 Replies 5

Claire G.10
New member | Level 1

Hello Shannon,

Usually, this means that a third party software is blocking Dropbox (anti-virus, anti-malware)
Could you disable those and start the installer again?

You can also use the offline installers:
https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=3.2.9&plat=win&type=full
https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=3.2.9&plat=mac&type=full

I hope this helps!

M. Philip E.
New member | Level 1

Chris R.37
New member | Level 1

I had this same problem! I think the app updated and it broke the whole thing. I un-installed the current version, and when I downloaded the newest version (3.2.9) it simply would not run, open, or respond. For reference, I am using Windows Vista 64-bit. Reverting to 3.0.5 resolved the issue as well for me.

gary f.17
New member | Level 1

How long does it take to run installer it been about a hour and it has not Finnish what to do

Rich
Super User II

How long does it take to run installer

On a modern computer, about a minute, if that. Try disabling any antivirus or firewall software and try it again.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?