cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to use Dropbox to share keepass

need to use Dropbox to share keepass

marek_wes
New member | Level 2

Dear All,

Am trying to use Dropbox to sync my passwords to a mobile phone.  Therefore, all I need Dropbox for is to share the keepass.kdbx file.  But I keep getting messages that tell me that I need to upgrade, when the password database is only a few KB.  Could anybody tell me how to proceed?

Marek

3 Replies 3

Re: need to use Dropbox to share keepass

Mark
Super User II

Do you have enough quota? www.dropbox.com/account will show you that. 

Where is the error from?

Note: make sure you have LOTS of backups on the file as I've seen lots and lots of posts about this file becoming corrupted if its not handled correctly

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

marek_wes
New member | Level 2

Dear Mark,

It is not that there is an error in Dropbox.  It is just that Dropbox keeps telling me I am out of space.  And yet, all I want to do is to share my keepass password database from my laptop to my mobile phone.  The actual password database only takes up some KiloBytes of capacity.  So, I am not asking for more space, I just need to share the password database,

Marek

Rich
Super User II

@marek_wes wrote:

It is just that Dropbox keeps telling me I am out of space. ... I am not asking for more space, I just need to share the password database

But you need enough space in your account to be able to do that, and if Dropbox is telling you that you're out of space, then you won't be able to upload the file. Take @Mark's suggestion and check your current quota. You'll likely find that you're over your limit, which is why you can't upload/sync your files.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?