cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no notification sound

no notification sound

morris78
Explorer | Level 3

hello i have win7 64bit , yesterday when i delete a file the program give a notification sound today is disappear ...why?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: no notification sound

Rich
Super User II

Dropbox has no sounds.

Any notification sound you were receiving was coming from your operating system. Dropbox only tells your operating system to display a message. How it's displayed and any sounds produced as a result are coming from your operating system; not Dropbox.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @morris78

The sound setting of notifications is device-specific, and you should be able to regulate it from your computer’s settings. For this reason, I’d recommend looking around the web for more info and relevant steps. 

I understand that this wasn’t the ideal response you were looking for, but I do hope this helped to some extent. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

morris78
Explorer | Level 3

i checked my system other system sound settings works fine, i think because dropbox updated cause this issue

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for writing back @morris78

I’m afraid that the notification sounds are OS-specific, in which case I’d suggest contacting the relevant service provider on the matter. 

In any case, let me know of any updates and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

morris78
Explorer | Level 3

tell me only if when you delete a file on the client dropbox give a sound?

Rich
Super User II

Dropbox has no sounds.

Any notification sound you were receiving was coming from your operating system. Dropbox only tells your operating system to display a message. How it's displayed and any sounds produced as a result are coming from your operating system; not Dropbox.

View solution in original post

morris78
Explorer | Level 3
Ok but i want only know if in tour system there is a sound ...

Rich
Super User II

@morris78 wrote:
Ok but i want only know if in tour system there is a sound ...

@Rich wrote:
Dropbox has no sounds.

morris78
Explorer | Level 3
Ok thanks
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

morris78 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?