cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no updates on word files stored in Dropbox android app

no updates on word files stored in Dropbox android app

enri11
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Everyone,

Here is the issue:

when I update a word file on my desktop dropbox folder it syncs with the dropbox website properly.

When I try to open it on my android phone (both from the app or website) it shows the correct hour and date of the last update, but once I open the body of the text, it is not updated. The last update of the body of the texts, ''date'' approximatelly around the end of January.  

I tried quite everything, please help me:)

6 Replies 6

Re: no updates on word files stored in Dropbox android app

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @enri11, thanks for reaching out!

Can you just confirm for me, when you mention trying to open the file on your mobile, are you referring to viewing it in the Dropbox app, or when you export it to the Word app?

If you try opening the file in the Word app (or another app you might have for this file type), do you see the updates you made on your computer?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

enri11
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, thank you for the help. My answers are in red below.

Hey there @enri11, thanks for reaching out!
Can you just confirm for me, when you mention trying to open the file on your mobile, are you referring to viewing it in the Dropbox app, or when you export it to the Word app?

I mean in the Dropbox app and in the Dropbox website.
If you try opening the file in the Word app (or another app you might have for this file type), do you see the updates you made on your computer?

No, I can't see the updates.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info @enri11!

Is it possible you're signed into a different account on your mobile device? You can double check the email you're signed in with using these steps.

If you're not seeing the edits when you check the online version from the mobile, it would suggest that this might be the case.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

enri11
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

thanks for the answer. Of course I checked, it is not that simple unfortunatelly.

I am using dropbox for long time, I never had a problem and I really appreciate this product.

As said, the file on the dropbox android app correctly date the reviews of the documents. 

For example: if I update a word document on my pc at 6.13 am of Ferbrury 23rd, I can find that this document, on the mobile, correctly date the last update at 6.13 of February 23rd. The issue is that the content of the document is not updated. 

I can't remember perfectly but I think that this situation began when I installed avg tone up (a product for pc maintenance). Anyway I have unistalled both it and dropbox from my pc and smartphone. I installed again dropbox but the problem is still there.

Maybe it is related to Office365, but I did not found anything related in those settings, and it is allowed to work in background.  

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @enri11, this would be an Microsoft issue since it isn't showing the latest version of the file.

Could you try clearing the cache of the Word app in its settings to see if this helps refresh it when you next open the file?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

enri11
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the effort.

I tried to delete the cache. It doesn't work.

I'll try to check with Microsoft.

Thanks again

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?