cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: office 365 - dropbox integration

office 365 - dropbox integration

bmatson93
New member | Level 2

Do we know when or if dropbox and microsoft plan on integrating the below compatibility for macs? 

https://www.dropbox.com/app-integrations/microsoft

I think it was a little shortsighted to release such a big thing without making sure all OS would be able to implement it.

Thanks for any info you have.

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Hi @bmatson93 

The Dropbox badge works on Mac's perfectly well - I have it here. 

If you are wanting to be able to save directly from Office to Dropbox thats not possible at all (from Windows or Mac) and it would depend upon Microsoft allowing it which I, personally, cannot see as its competes with their own OneDrive. 

Co-editing is also available, but, again, for both Windows and Mac it is via Office on the Dropbox website, not the standalone desktop versions on computers. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bmatson93
New member | Level 2

Hello @Mark,

Office 365 can connect directly to dropbox if you choose it as a "place" in the application itself on Windows computers according to this other question https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/third-party/adding-place-microsoft-office.

This comes into play when a team has workbooks connected to other workbooks in the directory but links cannot be updated automatically because  the file path  "/User/[name]/dropbox/foldername/filename.xlsx" cannot be relative, but that is not an issue with onedrive/sharepoint. Essentially, we just need excel files to be able to link to other workbooks over multiple users.

It really seems to me the problems could be fixed if this compatibility was presented on MacOS as well.

Thanks.

Mark
Super User II

I am 99% certain that integration didnt last long - for example that talks about needing v29 of Dropbox yet we are currently on v120.x. 

Dropbox has an annoying habit of not removing old out of date help articles. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bmatson93
New member | Level 2

How do we find out the status of 365 integration of dropbox?

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?