cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

open word file with Nebo

Helpful | Level 6

Dear all,

I have linked my dropbox account on Nebo. Nebo created it is own folder (My Script Nebo). I moved a word file but I am still unable to see in Nebo application.

THank you in advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: open word file with Nebo

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for your reply.

The support of the application replied to my open ticket on their website with the following :

"Hello,
Thanks for your interest in our technology and your request about Nebo.
In Nebo, you can only import .nebo files or pictures. Nebo does not offer optical character recognition. And in the current version of Nebo, it is not possible to import text (ASCII characters) from other apps and recognize it. Nebo only recognizes text that you handwrite within the application. 
That is the reason why you cannot open word documents from your Dropbox or One drive folders in Nebo."

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @nightearth, it’s my understanding that you’ve opted to save your files to Dropbox through the third-party app you mentioned & then you’d like to open & edit them there thus accessing those from your Dropbox file structure; am I right in my assumption? 

If so, then can you let me know whether the process halts for you at a certain point for you? Just so as to make sure I have a clear picture the matter at hand, I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) &/or a step-by- step description of what this looks like on your end; please include those in your next post here if possible. 

Once I have these details, I’ll try to focus on that a bit closer. Thanks in advance!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for your reply.

The support of the application replied to my open ticket on their website with the following :

"Hello,
Thanks for your interest in our technology and your request about Nebo.
In Nebo, you can only import .nebo files or pictures. Nebo does not offer optical character recognition. And in the current version of Nebo, it is not possible to import text (ASCII characters) from other apps and recognize it. Nebo only recognizes text that you handwrite within the application. 
That is the reason why you cannot open word documents from your Dropbox or One drive folders in Nebo."

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
🤓 Ah, now I see @nightearth; as you’ve now managed to fix that on your end, I’ve gone ahead & marked your last comment as the Best Answer, since it may be useful to other users reaching this conversation in the future with the same question! 

🙌 Thanks for circling back to us with the solution & we’re always just a post away in case you have further inquiries or thoughts in the future; don't hesitate to reach back out here at any time. Wishing you a lovely weekend ahead!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you so much Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?