cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

our changes are not saved in that viewer.

our changes are not saved in that viewer.

Eugenioq
Explorer | Level 3

we are using 12 Android devices.

Our process....

1. Open the document from the Dropbox App. The form opens in a DropBox Document Viewer.

2. There is a square box with an arrow at the bottom of the screen that we select

3. It prompts to Open with.... then we select the App we want to use. Normally we select the XODO App., then select Just Once. This opens the XODO App so we can fill in the fillable form.

4. We fill in the form and when completed we select the back button on our device. We are prompted that the document is saved and we are automatically returned to the Dropbox document viewer. But now our changes are not saved in that viewer. Until Friday, for the last 3 years, the document has automatically been saved back to Dropbox, regardless of us using XODO. When The document is saved when accessing from the Dropbox app, it has always been saved back to DropBox. It is not now

5. We have 12 devices and the problem is affecting all devices now.

3 Replies 3

Re: our changes are not saved in that viewer.

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Eugenioq, thanks for messaging today!

It sounds like the changes aren't saving for some reason. Are these Android devices all connected to the same Dropbox account?

Could you try updating the XODO and Dropbox apps to see if this helps? Have you contacted them to see if this behavior has been noticed by their team?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Eugenioq
Explorer | Level 3

I uninstall Drop Box and install it again on the same device and the problem disappears but reappears after a few days. I use ANDROID devices. Tablet or mobiles. I also tried to use ADOBE instead of XODO but nothing changes. I have asked Drop Box people for help. I hope to hear from them.

Jay
Dropboxer

We're not experiencing any issue like this currently?

Is this happening on any file in your Dropbox account? Are the files being shared by other users, and possibly in use by them?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?