cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: paper not properly linking to google calendar

paper not properly linking to google calendar

snyderdefense
Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to 'link a calendar event' in Dropbox Paper. I have connected an account, but when I go to select the calendar entry that linked the paper document to, it does not show anything in the calendar. I've tried linking paper docs to calendar entries using different browsers, and still nothing appears. It says it's linked but it clearly isn't

Any ideas on how to fix this?

11 Replies 11

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @snyderdefense, thanks for messaging today!

Are you signed into a Google account, and are you referring to linking a Google calendar?

Are you creating events in the calendar directly, or via Paper?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

snyderdefense
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I'm signed into a google account. And yes, I'm referring to google calendar. The event in google calendar was created long before I try to link the Paper doc to it. 

Jay
Dropboxer
After following the steps here to link the Paper doc to the calendar, what issue are you experiencing exactly? What do you mean by 'nothing appears'?

The Paper doc isn't automatically shared with the other members in the meeting, unless you manually do it yourself using the invite button.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

snyderdefense
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I followed those steps exactly. By "nothing happened", I'm referring to the fact that when I click on the relevant google calendar entry from within the google calendar app, it does not show the Paper doc linked to it. Regarding your question about sharing to other members of a meeting, I am not trying to do that at all. My purpose is simpler. I merely wish to access a Paper doc that is linked to a google calendar event from within the google calendar app itself.  

Walter
Dropboxer

You seem to be referring to a 3rd party app, namely your calendar app, and not your Paper docs which can be accessed by a web browser @snyderdefense.

Linking a calendar event to your Paper docs would enable you to associate a calendar event with a Paper doc, but wouldn't change your calendar's entries or share the doc automatically with the events attendees. 

Can you clarify what you'd expect to see when using this feature?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

snyderdefense
Explorer | Level 3
No link to the relevant Paper doc appears in the Google calendar event to which it was attached despite the fact that Dropbox Paper shows it as linked.

Lusil
Dropboxer
You're right, @snyderdefense, as Walter also mentions, there wouldn't be a link or an entry showing in your calendar app. 

However, we understand how important this is for you and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

Do you have any other features that you'd like to see being implemented in the future?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

snyderdefense
Explorer | Level 3
Walter didn’t actually say that. He asked what I expected I should see without saying what I should see after the Paper doc is “linked” to the calendar event. So, I will now ask Walter directly, what should I expect to see in the Google calendar event after it is linked to a Paper doc?

Walter
Dropboxer
Sorry for not clearing this up @snyderdefense.

You won't see anything in the calendar's event entry after linking a Paper doc to it. You'll just have a Paper doc linked to it for you to use as you see fit. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?