cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preventing loss of files on my mac

preventing loss of files on my mac

jsss
Explorer | Level 3

How do I unlink Dropbox from my computer? I would like to delete files on Dropbox without deleting them on my Mac.preventing

3 Replies 3

Re: preventing loss of files on my mac

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello there @jsss, thanks for reaching out to us here!

If you'd like to unlink the desktop app from your account and stop syncing the local Dropbox folder, you can check out the steps listed here.

Otherwise, I can suggest simply moving the files/folders from the Dropbox folder to another location on your computer. This will remove them from Dropbox but keep the files locally on your computer.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jsss
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you! I tried to follow the instructions to unlink ["Click your profile picture (or grey circle) in the upper right corner.] 

But - I have no profile picture or grey circle in the upper right corner. It shows a green circle with my initials - but nothing happens when I click on that. What am I doing wrong?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @jsss, you're on the right track! 

The green circle with your initials is your avatar which should show a drop-down menu when you click on it. 

If nothing happens when you press it, could you try restarting your computer? 

Let us know how it goes, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    jsss Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?