cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

problem with excel xls in dropbox chromebook

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello, I am self employed and only use my computer to make reports and invoices.  The computer always wants to update and is super slow all the time, so out of frustration, i bought a chromebook hoping to do business a little faster and easier.  Problem is that when i transferred my excel folders that contain xls sheets to Dropbox, and then open the xls sheets, to view or edit, the formatted cells get out of whack.  When viewing  merged cells with a large text entry, the sentence text just continues right off the right side of the sheet, out into space, until the end of the text, instead of wrapping around as i had it to begin with.  This makes the sheet look like a 3rd grader made it.  How can i transfer my folders and files with excel to dropbox and chromebook and have the sheets look like they did on my pc?  Thank you for your help

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: problem with excel xls in dropbox chromebook

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @bobspumping

Could you please provide me with some additional info on this so as to have a better understanding of your concern?

Howe were you previewing your Excel files before? Are you able to edit them online or locally, and if so, do the files continue to preview as you describe in your post? Are you also getting any errors? Have you tried replicating this in any other connected device (if any)?

Any screenshots (omitting personal info) illustrating the behavior you’re experiencing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?