cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question .rtf files now have become .rtfd files and won't open

question .rtf files now have become .rtfd files and won't open

jada r.
New member | Level 2

here is the problem which has just begun recently. I have an iMac and iPad and iPod and now .rtf files now have suddenly changed into .rtfd files and won't open. I think it is only .rtf files which have images embedded. Can't find any help although i discovered if i go through one at a time and RENAME them back to .rtf , it becomesTWO files.  Is doing this the only way to get back the textEdit files which used to open without trouble?

19 Replies 19

JaapN
Helpful | Level 5

On IOS I only use the preview function of dropbox, whatever editing i do is all done on my mac.

Diane K.15
Helpful | Level 6
I do the same. You aren't able to see the rtf files in Preview on ios, right?
So the files are unusable on your phone?

JaapN
Helpful | Level 5

Correct, can't preview most rtf files anymore on iphone and ipad.

jackmo
New member | Level 2
I'm having the same problem. It has really caused a problem. I have 418 files I'll need to copy and paste into other files? Dropbox might be on its way out....

JaapN
Helpful | Level 5

Agree, I moved all my rtf files to a different app. This has been going on for some months and it's stunning that dropbox has not responded in any shape or form.

Diane K.15
Helpful | Level 6
I e-mailed them a few weeks ago and sent them sample files. They are supposedly working on it.

Diane K.15
Helpful | Level 6
What app are you using? I have been able to export the file using Notes, and then screenshot and save as a jpg file. I have hundreds of files though, so a total pita! If they come up with a solution I will post it here.

JaapN
Helpful | Level 5

I moved all my rtf files to an app called box. It does't have a preview pane like the one in dropbox, but it opens the files in a full screen preview and works fine.

Macsuga
New member | Level 2
You can read the rtd part on google drive. DB should add the same feature

JavierBR
New member | Level 2

Try to donwload the file and name it adding .tar.  File.rtfd.tar

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JavierBR New member | Level 2
    Macsuga New member | Level 2
    JaapN Helpful | Level 5