Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Can't access Dropbox folder" on Catalina (Beta)

Helpful | Level 6

Am using MacOS 10.15 (19A487m) and am getting a "Can't access dropbox folder" error. It appears to be sync'ing only intermittently. I'm using Dropbox v75.4.141.  

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: Syncing Does Not Work Automatically on macOS 10.15

Super User II
Super User II

Dropbox does not yet support macOS Catalina (10.15) and won't until its final, stable release. You may be able to install Dropbox on it but you're bound to run into issues until Dropbox officially supports it.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I would uninstall and reinstall it... Catalina has new file access permissions for each time an app wants to access somewhere it hasn't before... failing that check the permissions for dropbox under system preferences and make sure it has full disk access.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

ChrisLongden,

I carried out your two suggestions sequentially, each time rebooting my computer. Neither worked by itself nor in combination. 

So, I went back in to "Full Disk Access" list and removed Dropbox from the approved list. As an aside, Google Drive was unaffected by the current Catalina build and did not require Full Disk Access.

I examined the list of apps under "Accessibility" and Dropbox was enabled for that function.

Thanks so much for your suggestions, though. In the process, I did re-learn that uninstalling and re-installing is in fact different from merely deleting the desktop app and re-installing.  

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I'm running Dropbox beta build v76.3.110 on the 2nd beta of Catalina and as soon as I change a file I can see dropbox syncing .

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Ok, thanks.
So, you also saw the phenomenon I was experiencing [w/ 75.4.141]?
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
I saw it with the public version of Dropbox on the first beta of Catalina. I upgraded Dropbox to beta releases and it must be automatically updating. Then when beta 2 of Catalina dropped everything was working again.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I have updated to 76.3.120, the latest beta of Dropbox.  The problem ("can't access dropbox folder") still exists. Sigh. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

updated to Build 19A501i of Catalina. The problem ("can't access dropbox folder") still exists.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?