cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Can't connect to Dropbox, check your internet connection" error whenever I click on a link.

"Can't connect to Dropbox, check your internet connection" error whenever I click on a link.

Carl Ford
Explorer | Level 3

When ever I click on a link for say example, a video in Dropbox, I always get an error "Can't connect to Dropbox, check your internet connection". There's nothing wrong with my connection or I wouldn't be able to see the link in the first place. Plus all my other apps work without any problems.

6 Replies 6

Re: Can't connect to Dropbox

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi @Carl Ford , I'd be happy to look into this with you!

Firstly, can you just clarify for me where you're having this issue? Are you trying to open the link on the mobile app, desktop app or the website?

If you haven't already, can you please try rebooting the device you're using to see if that helps?

Any additional info you can provide too such as the OS and version of the device you're using would be very helpful too.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Carl Ford
Explorer | Level 3
Sorry, I emailed my reply and it was just returned. But it's the mobile app. Android version 9. And restarting does not help.

Carl Ford
Explorer | Level 3

I'll try this again for the 3rd time. HI @Daphne, I replied to the first comment. I'm using Android version 9. The problem is with the mobile app and restarting does not helt all. When bring the app up it nows says "Offline".

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me @Carl Ford , apologies for the delay on my end!

What kind of connection are you using when you get this error message? WiFi or cellular data?

If the issue is occurring over the WiFi, can you please try using cellular data or another WiFi connection to see if you still see the "Offline" error?

If the issue happens with cellular data, does it also occur over WiFi networks?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Carl Ford
Explorer | Level 3

It's occuring over both Wi Fi and Cell Data.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Can you send me a screenshot of the error @Carl Ford ? Please make sure to exclude any personal info though.

Also, can you let me know what version of the mobile app you have installed on your device?

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?