cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"I can't use my authenticator app" redirects me to Error(403) page. Can't login

"I can't use my authenticator app" redirects me to Error(403) page. Can't login

Deniz O.
New member | Level 1

Dropbox you really know how to annoy your customers sometimes.

My old phone with my 2-step google authenticator for dropbox died on me and I got a new phone. I went to sign into dropbox on my browser and was asked for my 6-digit authentication code. Since my phone is new the dropbox 2-step authentication is not available on it since it hasn't been setup yet so in my browser login form I clicked on the "I can't use my authenticator" link and was redirected to an Error 403 page. (the full message on this page is "It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out ourHelp Center and forums for help, or head back to home.")

I'm being redirected to this 403 page for over a week now so I send Dropbox support an email and get a reply the next day saying "this is an automated email, resolve your issue with the self-serve tool" . Only problem is to access any kind of help on dropbox including this forum I need to sign in...which I can't do! That's the whole problem! I've now had to register a new dropbox account just so I can post this here.

This is an incredibly frustrating process and in the meantime dropbox's user number has artificially increased by 1 because I had no other choice than to register a new account to access this forum. Is dropbox really skimping out on having a tech support team that responds to emails? Which other tech company does this??

Regards,

Deniz Omer

5 Replies 5

Re: "I can't use my authenticator app" redirects me to Error(403) page. Can't login

Deniz O.
New member | Level 1

Any updates on this or is there absolutely no way to resolve this issue and I'm locked out and unable to reach all my documents forever?

Re: "I can't use my authenticator app" redirects me to Error(403) page. Can't login

Rich
Super User II

This is primarily a user supported forum and we're unable to assist with account/access/billing related issues. You'll need to open a ticket for assistance.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Deniz O.
New member | Level 1

I opened a ticket, ticket #4912921 and I got this automated reply referring me to the self-serve tool which did not solve my problem:

"Hi there,

Yes, this reply is automated. And yes, we understand that might be frustrating to hear.

Truth is we’d love to chat one-on-one. But we’ve got a totally revamped self-serve tool, and it really is the best path to the fastest, most relevant answer to your question.

Simply click this link and select the issue that best describes your question. You’ll see steps to take to resolve your issue or what information we need from you to help. You’ll be Dropboxing again in no time."

So where do I take it from here? Raising a ticket refers me to a page that doesn't help with my issue at all, this forum can't help me, now what?

Thanks in advance,

Deniz

Rich
Super User II

Reply to or reopen the same ticket.

Deniz O.
New member | Level 1

I replied to the same ticket and haven't heard back in 48 hours. 

A new ticket would result in the exact same automated reply. Any other suggestions?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Deniz O. New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?