cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New" Mac Desktop App now appears instead of going to finder, how do I turn off?

"New" Mac Desktop App now appears instead of going to finder, how do I turn off?

wrighco
Explorer | Level 3

In the past few months a new Mac Desktop app is appearing and I can't figure out how to turn it off.  This is a big problem for me because it's screwing up my workflow.  Normally I'd go to the dropbox top menu bar and use the Recent Files or Search bar, and then a click would take me directly to Finder. But somehow it now brings up this app and I have to repeat the search again using *less* visible information.  Really annoying.  Support has spent 2 weeks on a slow thread and can't understand what's going on either.

Screenshot 2019-04-23 12.47.33.png

4 Replies 4

Re: "New" Mac Desktop App now appears instead of going to finder, how do I turn off?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @wrighco

I understand that you’ve had some trouble with this, however, in order to further investigate this, we’d have to continue via email due to account-specific info that’d be required. 

I was able to locate your ongoing communication with a specialized member of my team and have passed your comments along to them. They’ll review this again for you and get back to you as soon as they have more info on the matter. Rest assured, they’ll do their best to assist you.

Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: "New" Mac Desktop App now appears instead of going to finder, how do I turn off?

wrighco
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks. I'd like to hear what other people think about this because it's really wrecking Dropbox for me.  And I don't see a peep about it here on the forums.

Lusil
Dropboxer

No worries, @wrighco. I’m leaving this thread open for now and, in the meantime, if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give us a nudge. :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

wrighco
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks!  It turns out it takes about 10-12 days for paid member "premium response time support" to go in on the server side and turn this "feature" off.  I can't say that's really awesome with respect to the effort and time required, but if anyone else hates this largely useless new Mac desktop app like I do, then here's the path to getting it turned off.  Just gotta bug support for a couple months and then come on these message boards to escalate the bad feature and beg for a response!

Otherwise, I really do like dropbox and have been a paying member for years.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

wrighco Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?