cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Open in Finder" and "Open in Word" not showing in Safari OSX for Mac

"Open in Finder" and "Open in Word" not showing in Safari OSX for Mac

Scott H.
Collaborator | Level 9

Hey folks,

When viewing dropbox files from the Safari browser (Safari v 13.0) I can no longer see the "Show in Finder" or 'Open in Word" / "Open in Adobe Acrobat" options for files. 

I also have Chrome installed on my Mac (v77.0.3865.90) and I can confirm that these DO work on Chrome. See pics below.

These items used to show in Safari, however it seems that after updating to Safari v13.0 this has stopped working. 

Any ideas for resolution would be gratefully received as Safari is my default browser. 

Cheers,

Scott

Safari Browser.png

Chrome Browser 1.png

109 Replies 109

Scott H.
Collaborator | Level 9

Hi @jondotcom 

Sadly I've given up waiting on a solution. It seems Dropbox can't or won't fix this. 

Everyone in our office has had to abandon Safari and adopt Chrome in order to maintain our workflow. So frustrating. 

All the best.

Scott

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your updates here!

At the moment I don't have any other updates to share with you all on this other than what Fiona already mentioned, that our team is currently looking into this issue.

I will make sure to keep everyone updates with any news that we receive on this, but in the meantime please don't hesitate to get back to me here with any questions on this.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bbakech
Helpful | Level 5

I have the same issue here. 

Running Dropbox on MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 using Safari 13.1. 

On Chrome, I definitely can open in Finder. 

No way to get it to work on Safari which is my preferred browser. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Dropbox, tried insalling Flash and enabling it in Safari for Dropbox.  Made sure the file was not in an excluded folder as part of Selecting Sync. 

Please, fix this as this is so needed for our team daily workflow ! 

Thank you

Newoldschool
Helpful | Level 5

This is so frustrating, we were all waiting for months, this is a super expensive service and you are not providing us with professional customer care or service.
How can I ask for a refund? I want to end my annual subscription for free and get a refund for what I've paid.
I cannot use dropbox with safari, I cannot use dropbox with asana, half of my workflow is compromised.

Dropbox used to be a better service, a premium service, are yoou going to end up being another google drive?

:triumph:

(sorry for my english, not an english speaker, and yes, US dollares are crazy expensive for my, I'm so angry)

goldhill
New member | Level 2

Also experiencing this problem. 

Clearly a bug!

Adding my thoughts on this thread so that hopefully it gets fixed soon and I get notified!

SilviaA
Explorer | Level 4

Same issue here, tried everything suggested. Reached out to Dropbox support and followed up 5 times with  no answer whatsoever.

Switched to Chrome, but definitely will consider replacing dropbbox for another service

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @SilviaA!

Could you let me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) you received when you reached out to the team so I can check on this for you?

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SilviaA
Explorer | Level 4

Of course. Ticket 10750172 

Rep name: Miranda

Scott H.
Collaborator | Level 9
Hi. Yes it’s still an issue for me and my work team too. We have been forced to move away from Safari to Chrome to maintain our workflow with Dropbox.

Our Office is now pilot testing Office 365 with a OneDrive as a replacement to Dropbox. I’m sad about this but OneDrive works perfectly with Safari...

Dropbox dropped the ball on this and perhaps don’t realise that it can be the small features that make or break a decision about continued use.

All the best.

yuvrajgnlu
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issues with Safari 14. Chrome shows these two options, but safari doesnt. Dropbox clearly has not cared enough to fix this issue, even though it is being experienced by everyone. With the new Safari and Mac updates - a lot of people have left chrome and moved to Safari, but Dropbox has not cared even now to fix this!! 

Also, FlashPlayer has reached its end of life - and adobe will be discontinuing flashplayer in Jan 2021. They had announced that three years ago: https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html So what happens now! With no flashplayer, how is dropbox planning to handle this? It is high time dropbox did something about this feature as it is very crucial for the quality of dropbox and our experience with it.

Need more support?