cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Open in Finder" and "Open in Word" not showing in Safari OSX for Mac

"Open in Finder" and "Open in Word" not showing in Safari OSX for Mac

Scott H.
Collaborator | Level 9

Hey folks,

When viewing dropbox files from the Safari browser (Safari v 13.0) I can no longer see the "Show in Finder" or 'Open in Word" / "Open in Adobe Acrobat" options for files. 

I also have Chrome installed on my Mac (v77.0.3865.90) and I can confirm that these DO work on Chrome. See pics below.

These items used to show in Safari, however it seems that after updating to Safari v13.0 this has stopped working. 

Any ideas for resolution would be gratefully received as Safari is my default browser. 

Cheers,

Scott

Safari Browser.png

Chrome Browser 1.png

109 Replies 109

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, thanks for all your questions on this. 

We're not expecting any impact on the deprecation of Flash Player as Dropbox isn't using it.

I hope this helps puts your minds at ease, but if anything else comes up, just give us a shout. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

WildfireQueen
Helpful | Level 7

What about the 'open in finder' issue? Is there any news on that? Like others I had to switch to Chrome as a main browser to efficiently use dropbox, since my collegues and I send each other a lot of dropbox links.

bbakech
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, what about "Open in Finder" with Safari which is still missing? 

I will not use Chrome, as it drains too much battery and has increasingly more performance issues. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

We don't have any further updates to share with you all at this point in time but, rest assured, we will get back to you as soon as we have any news.

Don't hesitate to give us another nudge if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thank you all again for your patience and cooperation.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

WildfireQueen
Helpful | Level 7
Okay, but is there any process? Or aren’t you working on it? It’s a ticket from over a year ago, so any kind of update, however small, would be greatly appreciated. It seems like Dropbox is of the opinion this is apples fault and refuses to do anything to fix it, but maybe that’s just my perception.

Scott H.
Collaborator | Level 9

It would be reassuring to know that this is something that Dropbox is actually working on given that is affecting so many of us. Are you able to confirm this @Lusil

Jo V.1
Explorer | Level 4

Very frustrating indeed. Since Safari 13 (we are now at 14), Drobox functionality in this browser is severely crippled. Too bad to see these features gone, as I heavily relied on them. For a loyal paying Dropbox Business customer, this is very sad to experience. It works in Chrome, but no longer in Safari.

Edis
Helpful | Level 6

@Lusil I think whats the most annoying is that it's such a mystery HOW it works. After Loren Brihter has posted the performance issues chrome has I downloaded literally every Chromium based browser and its shocking, because even google drives app launcher (which is equivalent to reveal in finder - "plugin?") is downloadable and launchable in these browsers. Dropbox isnt. At least tell us what exactly makes Chrome sync with the dropbox application. Or is it the dropbox application itself?

Do people really have to revese engineer dropbox to find out and make this feature work again?

Hope you can help out here to at least give a hint where this search could start.

Scott H.
Collaborator | Level 9

I'm still waiting for @Lusil to respond to my earlier post. As a Dropbox Professional customer it would help give me confidence in the Dropbox p[roduct if I knew that Dropbox were taking this issue seriously, explained the issue and provide a timeline for remedy. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Although I don't have a specific time frame I can offer, rest assured, the team is actively working on it. 

I understand how important this is for you all and thank for you reaching out to us about this.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?