cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Open in" feature not working on iPad or iPhone

"Open in" feature not working on iPad or iPhone

Brian D.28
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Under activities on my iPad and iPhone- cannot "Open In" other apps such as iBooks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @budvar, welcome to our community! 

It looks like you’re using Polaris’ mobile app there, in which case you wouldn’t see the Open With option that our app provides. If you would like to use our mobile app, you can get it here :wink:

Cheers

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Edward R.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi, I am having the same issue. I cannot open Dropbox files in Filemaker. I do not have the option for FileMaker in "open in".

Sue M.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

i am having same issue on my ipad, i cannot view the  Open inDropbox options to open items

Troye B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes, me too. Dropbox doesn't give me the choice of opening a PDF in Adobe Acrobat, iBooks, Document Pro etc anymore. It just goes straight to Adobe Acrobat. I prefer reading and storing PDF's in iBooks on my iPad, but i don't have that choice anymore, since a recent Dropbox update on my iPad.How do i get that choice back?

Sue M.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

toye b, what was the update for ipad, i have been avoiding this, and i dont want to cause more issues in not being able open pdfs, 

Troye B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi Sue. It was just one of the regular Dropbox updates, the ones which appear as a little red number at the bottom when you open App Store. It wasn't an iOS update. I tend to avoid those as well after having mega problems with the iOS 8 update.

Laurie F.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

So frustrating when these companies get into wars with each other. I bought a subscription to Dropbox because it's more reliable than iCloud and everyone has it. Now apparently Dropbox feels the need to go on the offensive and require its users to interface exclusively with their approved partners; notably Adobe, a longtime foe of Steve Jobs.

Well, I did find a workaround (because I too like to store my PDF's in easy to access folders in iBooks). I have an app called GoodReader that I have been using for years - great for redlining PDF's. You can link it to Dropbox and iCloud, and open PDF's directly from Dropbox. From there, I transferred it to iCloud, and from iCloud I opened it in iBooks.

Crazy stupid, I know, but no more crazy than these stupid Silicon Valley rivalries that make my work more difficult.

budvar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I missing in Dropbox “open in” too, because my excel file looks ok only in Polaris Office, but i can access dropbox file directly from Polaris Office app... It is ok for me, to do it in this way...C4EE77E8-A3F4-4EB1-B749-08C6DB671E6B.png

budvar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I missing in Dropbox “open in” too, because my excel file looks ok only in Polaris Office, but i can access dropbox file directly from Polaris Office app... It is ok for me, to do it in this way...C4EE77E8-A3F4-4EB1-B749-08C6DB671E6B.png

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @budvar, welcome to our community! 

It looks like you’re using Polaris’ mobile app there, in which case you wouldn’t see the Open With option that our app provides. If you would like to use our mobile app, you can get it here :wink:

Cheers

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?