cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Please enable browser-cookies..." message when trying to view file contents in browser

"Please enable browser-cookies..." message when trying to view file contents in browser

semblance
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Hi, I can log in to dropbox.com and browse my folder structure, but when I click on a .txt file to view its contents I get the following error message:

"Please enable browser-cookies to use the Dropbox website."

Beneath the error message there is a login form, but the 'Login" button is disabled, and remains disabled even when I enter my username and password.

Therefore I cannot login at this prompt (even though I am already logged in dropbox.com), and cannot view file contents.

I am running Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32) on a 2016 MacBook Pro.

My Chrome cookie settings are the default ones, that is Preferences > Show advanced settings > Privacy > Content settings... > Cookies > "Allow local data to be set (recommended)" is enabled, and "Block third-party cookies and site data" is also enabled. Javascript is enabled too.

Any ideas?

12 Replies 12

semblance
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Bump.

Has anyone tried to reproduce the issue by viewing a text file at dropbox.com in Chrome on macOS?

macbikegeek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, working fine for me, although I found this thread because I'm having problems like those described here with other sites.

semblance
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just a quick update to say, this issue appears to be resolved.

I can now view text files in dropbox.com using the current version of Chrome on macOS without any issues.

I don't know what changed, but I assume something got fixed, in the dropbox.com website, or in Chrome, or somewhere.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

semblance Collaborator | Level 8
    macbikegeek New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?