cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Please enter a CAPTCHA response"

"Please enter a CAPTCHA response"

needanswers
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When my friend used my invitation link to sign up for Dropbox, the website keeps showing "Please enter a CAPTCHA response" but there was no CAPTCHA test to respond to. This issue did not show up when she tried to sign up directly (no through the invitation link), so I lost the 500 MB space I should have earned.

Please help me solve this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey emac4209, thanks for the detailed post here, I’ll try to check the matter with you as closely as possible!

As a first troubleshooting step (since this is an account specific issue that would require personal information), I’d like to encourage you to try once again to write in to our team: https://www.dropbox.com/support, following this flow: “Email/ Other/ & then choose "Email now”.  On the “Other details” field there, please fill in any additional info (such as screenshots etc.) on what you’re experiencing, that would help our team determine the case. 

From this point onwards, I’d be happy to check for your ticket internally and make sure we handle it as soon as possible. Please let me know your 7-digit ticket # here & I’ll make sure a colleague replies on our email.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation here & I’ll be awaiting your next message! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
I dont think there is anything to solve I'm afraid..... she didnt use your link, therefore you (and her actually) are not entitled to the space increase.

All you can do is log a ticket and ask support if they'll help, but, I'm not sure they will as she hasnt used the link.

www.dropbox.com/support to log it
http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

needanswers
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks. What I want to know is whether Dropbox actually block the friend referral function on purpose. If this no CAPTCHA test problem generally exists for friend referral registration, I certainly do not want bother my friend to sign up for Dropbox.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
No, it isnt an intentional thing.

Its usually blocked at browser level by things like ad-blockers or a restriction on cookies. If it isnt working disable add-ons like that or try another browser.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

yyingg2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

my friend had the same issue when trying to use the invitation link i gave. She used various browsers like chrome, internet explorer, dolphin etc. on 2 different laptops and 2 mobile phones but the captcha just didn't appear. perhaps it's a relatively new issue cos another friend managed to successfully do it in Nov 2017. 

salam
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same issue with the above. I have recommended few people who tried signing up via the link I shared, but the same issue comes up.

needanswers
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Mark, it seems that the same problem also occurs to other people. I'm sure this is a problem of the website now. Could you please help us to solve it?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey needanswers, salam & yyingg2, that’s definitely something that I’d like to investigate further! 

As a first step, have you checked Mark’s suggestions (i.e. have your friends/ colleagues attempted to repeat the steps through an incognito window/ different browser/ clear cookies etc)? This is merely to exclude it from being a browser-specific behavior.  

If this persists, could you write us on our official support channel here: https://www.dropbox.com/support?ref=dropboxsupport? On your email, please include as much detail as possible (esp. screenshots would be truly insightful), so as to check this specific example with you & see whether there could be an issue. 

Once you get a chance to reach out on this platform, you should get an automated email with a 7 digit ticket ID. Please include it in your next post here, so as to have a look for your email internally & make sure it’s handled soon.

Thanks in advance & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

emac4209
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having this problem as well.  We did try Chrome, Firefox, and IE.  Then, we tried Chrome in incognito mode.  All produced the same result.  I attempted to use your email form but couldn't complete it correctly because it is not any of devices causing the issue.

When you click on the link, it auto fills the other user's name and email address.  It asks for a password and has a check box to approve of the user agreement.  Nothing else appears on the screen except the Accept or Apply button (I don't recall which you use).  When you try to create the account, it comes back with a message that you must enter the Captcha response.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey emac4209, thanks for the detailed post here, I’ll try to check the matter with you as closely as possible!

As a first troubleshooting step (since this is an account specific issue that would require personal information), I’d like to encourage you to try once again to write in to our team: https://www.dropbox.com/support, following this flow: “Email/ Other/ & then choose "Email now”.  On the “Other details” field there, please fill in any additional info (such as screenshots etc.) on what you’re experiencing, that would help our team determine the case. 

From this point onwards, I’d be happy to check for your ticket internally and make sure we handle it as soon as possible. Please let me know your 7-digit ticket # here & I’ll make sure a colleague replies on our email.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation here & I’ll be awaiting your next message! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    needanswers Explorer | Level 4
    emac4209 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?