cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Please enter a CAPTCHA response"

"Please enter a CAPTCHA response"

needanswers
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When my friend used my invitation link to sign up for Dropbox, the website keeps showing "Please enter a CAPTCHA response" but there was no CAPTCHA test to respond to. This issue did not show up when she tried to sign up directly (no through the invitation link), so I lost the 500 MB space I should have earned.

Please help me solve this issue.

13 Replies 13

emac4209
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Jane, we tried the link again today and it worked this time.  We have his account set up.

The only difference between yesterday and today was we used a different computer, so potentially they could have different browser settings.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
 Ah, that’s great to hear emac4209:relieved:

The culprit could be probably located on the local browser settings (so @Mark was right here), though because there were several different reports, I wanted to see if it’s something that needs some more thorough investigation. Luckily, you got this fixed and the space was promptly credited, I hope your friends make the most out of the service. 

Thanks for confirming here though, I appreciate it a lot. You may keep in mind that we’re just a post away if you’d like to report a similar discrepancy. 
I hope you have a beautiful rest of the day ahead, take care! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

needanswers
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for your help. I sent a link to another friend yesterday and there was a CAPTCHA test this time. However, he told me after completing the test and trying to sign up, there was another error message "Too many attempts. Please try later." even at his first attempt to sign up using my link and first time using his email. He tried again this morning and the same thing happened.

Stop telling me this is a browser problem now. The problem is denifinitely a website problem.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for keeping me in the loop here needanswers, I'd definitely like to work on a fix with you through our Official Support channel! 

As I’m following this thread closely, I’d like to have a second look on the matter via email, so as to collect all relevant details & move forward,  towards a resolution. If it’s not too much trouble for you, please raise a ticket with our team here: https://www.dropbox.com/support?ref=dropboxsupportOnce you get a chance to write us, please include your ticket# in your next post here, so that  I make sure to get on it as soon as possible. 

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you here!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    needanswers Explorer | Level 4
    emac4209 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?