cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Put files in your Dropbox folder" on getting started page won't complete

"Put files in your Dropbox folder" on getting started page won't complete

Thomas R.55
New member | Level 1

I'm trying to check off some of the choices on Getting Started to get the 48 GB bonus space... but no matter how many times I put files into my Dropbox to sync, or manually upload them, the Put files in your Dropbox folder line won't mark as completed, meaning I cannot complete five of the seven required options without using the two I don't want.  It's like a carnival midway game that's rigged so you can't win the prize.

5 Replies 5

Re: "Put files in your Dropbox folder" on getting started page won't complete

Thomas R.55
New member | Level 1

On web page https://www.dropbox.com/help/295 it states, as one of the steps to get the Samsung 48 GB bonus,

How do I put files in my Dropbox folder?

You can add files from your mobile device, from your computer, or from the Dropbox website.

I have put several files in my Dropbox, using multiple methods, and STILL tie "Put files in your Dropbox folder" will not mark as completed.  I also observe others have had similar complaints that bonuses they were working to receive were never awarded, or they were in some way blocked from completing the steps.  And there has been zero follow-up on these complaints.  I feel like I've been baited.

Jonathan M.54
New member | Level 1

@ Thomas R

I have followed the same steps and can not get that particular step checked off the list either. Frustrating.

Thomas R.55
New member | Level 1

It feels like I'm being forced into doing one of the other steps instead, either share my files or recommend Dropbox to someone else.  That's not what I am planning to use Dropbox for, I have some ebooks that needed to be downloaded somewhere and that's all.

Ruthie S.4
New member | Level 1

I am having the same issue. I have installed drop box on pc and have added both files and folders to both website and desktop client - NO tick 😞

Joshua G.8
New member | Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. I just starting using Dropbox as I got a bit of storage for free with my new laptop. I am trying to complete the 5 quests required in order to unlock more space and I will achieve that if this issue gets fixed. I have used my phone, the web app, and have even tried dropping the files I want to upload directly into the dropbox folder on my PC, but none of these seem to satisfy the condition.

P.S. I'm using Windows 10 on my PC and Android on my phone. I tried uploading via the web app with Chrome.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Joshua G.8 New member | Level 1
    Ruthie S.4 New member | Level 1
    Thomas R.55 New member | Level 1
    Jonathan M.54 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?