cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Setting up" forever

"Setting up" forever

ifp
Explorer | Level 3

Hello everyone,

I have just started a Dropbox Plus trial, after having a free account. For several hours already, I see this: 

ifp_0-1618185117456.png

I understand that it may take hours to deal with several tens gigabytes of data. However, no data seems to have been added to the Dropbox folder during these hours. So, I doubt that this is how it is supposed to be, and I have no idea what Dropbox is "setting up". 

How should I proceed? Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Setting up" forever

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @ifp, I'm sorry about this setting up issue you seem to be having, let's look right into this!

I would like for you to locate your Dropbox icon, which would be on the task bar (next to your WiFi ). Once you do this, could you hover your mouse and let me know what the status of the app is? 

Syncing your files can take time if you have many files or large files, especially for backup. You'd need to stay logged into your computer and to keep the computer turned on and connected to the Internet.

If the issue remains while we speak, can you try exiting the app? Click on the Dropbox icon in the system tray, then click the avatar or initials, and select Exit Dropbox from the menu?

Let me know if you see any difference!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @ifp, I'm sorry about this setting up issue you seem to be having, let's look right into this!

I would like for you to locate your Dropbox icon, which would be on the task bar (next to your WiFi ). Once you do this, could you hover your mouse and let me know what the status of the app is? 

Syncing your files can take time if you have many files or large files, especially for backup. You'd need to stay logged into your computer and to keep the computer turned on and connected to the Internet.

If the issue remains while we speak, can you try exiting the app? Click on the Dropbox icon in the system tray, then click the avatar or initials, and select Exit Dropbox from the menu?

Let me know if you see any difference!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

ifp
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your response.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @ifp, my pleasure! 

Let me know if the issue remains, or if it has been resolved.

Thank you!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    ifp Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?