cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something went wrong" after new installation

"Something went wrong" after new installation

layne_cz
Helpful | Level 5

I was forced to reinstall Dropbox Desktop on my pc. After re-installation, I can't sign in: something went wrong.

dropbox.jpg

I tried to delete dropbox and its folder and to install the latest version (113.4.507), but nothing changes. Can you help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Something went wrong" after new installation

layne_cz
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you, Elixir. I followed the instructions but nothing has changed.  Instead I solved it by installing an old version that allowed me to log in. And then, after auto update to the latest version, dropbox works fine

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Elixir
Super User

Hello @layne_cz, can you pleas follow the advanced reinstallation steps https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall?

layne_cz
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you, Elixir. I followed the instructions but nothing has changed.  Instead I solved it by installing an old version that allowed me to log in. And then, after auto update to the latest version, dropbox works fine

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

layne_cz Helpful | Level 5
    Elixir Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?