cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Sync Now" option never actually works if other stuff is already syncing.

Helpful | Level 5

I've yet to actually use this feature and actually see the item I told to sync actually sync right away.... In fact, it doesn't seem to change the priority at all and it just syncs when it would have originally synced anyways. 

Is there something I can do to fix this? 

Also, should it sync if other folders haven't finished indexing yet or does indexing always need to finish first?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: "Sync Now" option never actually works if other stuff is already syncing.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @corylulu!

Could you hover over the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar and see if you have the current stable version of the Dropbox desktop app (81.4.195)?

Also, what type of content are you trying to prioritize? As it is not possible to prioritize folders or package files.

Keep me posted, thanks!

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Yeah, I'm on the stable version and have tried it several times since the feature showed up. But have never been able to get it to actually sync before stuff already in queue. I am only trying to prioritize a single file, often an EXE or a presentation file for an industry software (.VPR)... And I'm using Windows, so no package files

Also, if a file can't be prioritized, will it still have a "Sync Now" option when right clicked on?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @corylulu, apologies for missing this! 

I have reached out to the email associated with your Community profile, so that we can look into this. 

Keep an eye out and reply when you can, we'll take it from there. 

Thanks!

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Same issue here, 93.4.273.

I recently had to move my Dropbox to a new drive with a different drive letter, so the client has been "syncing" (presumably re-indexing, but not actually using any bandwidth) the entire Dropbox folder for over a day now. I would like to prioritize a single 11 MB mp3 file, but clicking the "Sync Now" option only pops up a notification.  Other than that the option seems to do nothing, the file is still not uploaded.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Yeah, it appear indexing is still prioritized over "Sync Now". It would be great if that wasn't the case. 

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?