cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"can't establish secure internet connection"

"can't establish secure internet connection"

deve l.
New member | Level 1

Out of a sudden, I'm getting "can't I establish a secure connection" on all my devices. I tried all the solutions in this page "https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/159" with out any result.

I've even upgraded to Pro thinking I hit the size-limit.

Please help!

28 Replies 28

Re: "can't establish secure internet connection"

Said A.4
New member | Level 1

I've the same issue!

Any help will be great!

Ruwi Travels T.
New member | Level 1

Same issue here, dropbox is important for me, but due to this issue I m in big trouble.

Jonathan C.23
Dropboxer

We're currently in the process of investigating connectivity issues with users in Oman. In the meantime, you should be able to downgrade to 3.10.11: https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204347726-Stable-Build-3-10-11

I've gone ahead and temporary disabled updates for for your accounts. 

Mohammed L.
New member | Level 1

I am from Oman and am facing the same issue!

Do i need to downgrade the client version in all my devices? (as i have installed the client in more than one device - and am actively using it in all of them)

Lee Brent G.
New member | Level 1

Ah! Thank goodness I am not alone on this one. I was going crazy. I use Dropbox to distribute important files to my clients and VIPs. 

Maybe Omantel and Ooredoo just blocked Dropbox? Noticed this issue after upgrading to OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 on both iMac and MacBook Pro on both Omantel and Ooredoo networks. 

Lee Brent G.
New member | Level 1

@Jonathan C. please disable updates for my account as well. Thanks!

Lee Brent G.
New member | Level 1

Even this forum takes forever to load or any other page on Dropbox. Downloading the previous version as Jonathan C. suggested is painstakingly slow. Something really is up with the connectivity of Oman to Dropbox. 

Jonathan C.23
Dropboxer

Mohammed/Lee: I've also disabled updates for you two. We're still investigating issues with Omantel. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Said A.4
New member | Level 1
I received the following warning from Kaspersky Internet Security when trying to access the link for the previous version of Dropbox:

ACCESS DENIED
The requested URL cannot be provided

Object URL:
https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204347726-Stable-Build-3-10-11

Reason:
object is infected by HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic

Regards
Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Arul G. New member | Level 1
    Mohammed L. New member | Level 1
    Lee Brent G. New member | Level 1
    Jonathan C.23 Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?