cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-linking previously linked mac

re-linking previously linked mac

miguel88
New member | Level 2

I reinstalled OS on my mac, and when Installed a fresh copy of dropbox, I was prompted with message, that my account only allows for 3 devices to be linked. I have like 8 device linked from the beginning, and I want to figure out how to re-link the same computer to the existing link, as I dont want to remove 5 devices just to get this one working again. It is still linked in the dropbox settings, but it seems that the new Mac OS installation is mistakinly recognised as new computer, which is not.... what can I do to relink this ?

1 Reply 1

Re: re-linking previously linked mac

Rich
Super User II

@miguel88 wrote:

I have like 8 device linked from the beginning, and I want to figure out how to re-link the same computer to the existing link, as I dont want to remove 5 devices just to get this one working again.

You won't be able to do that. To Dropbox it IS a new device.

You'll either need to remove enough devices to get back to just two devices, allowing to you re-link this computer as the third, or you'll need to upgrade to Plus for a month, add the new device, and then downgrade your account again.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?