cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck with blue sync at installation

stuck with blue sync at installation

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I've been using Dropbox for many years, and installing it with no problem on tens of mchines... (so I'm not a new b)

Today I've done as usual on my new computer (Dell xps, windows 10 pro).

Installer OK with 91.4.548

Sync blue symbol appear on the icon, and nothing happens, no file appearing in my Dropbox folder (except the .dropbox and a hidden folder).

I've uninstalled, restored the computer, quit & reconnect, reboot, disconnected the firewall, installed a 90.x version, all this in different sequences... anything I could imagine, and no change.

After 10 hours on this, I'm mad.

Please help, please!

Philippe

1 Reply 1

Re: stuck with blue sync at installation

Dropboxer

Hi @phlenglart; how are you today?

I'm assuming that you've made sure that there's no antivirus program that could be interfering, right? 

That said and since you've already performed some troubleshooting on this, can you please try a clean, advanced re-install and let me know the results?

If the issue persists, please forward me a screenshot so I can have a visual too. 

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?