cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching accounts on desktop account

switching accounts on desktop account

ric7
New member | Level 2

I'm trying to help a friend with this. He has a personal dropbox account and the dropbox desktop app. He wants to use it also with the business dropbox account he was just given.

The instructions say click on the email address in the lower left-hand corner of the desktop app. I couldn't find the email address on his installed desktop app. So I created a personal account installed on my machine and still, there is no email address in the lower left-hand corner. Only an up-to-date/synchronized indicator. Are there two different versions of the desktop app? Is there some other special way to switch accounts on the desktop app?

dropbos_app-2020-02-05 181757.png

2 Replies 2

Re: switching accounts on desktop account

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @ric7, thanks for reaching out to us! I'd be more than happy to help. 

You'll have to follow these steps to connect a personal (Basic/Plus/Professional) and a work (Business) account, and then these ones to sign in to both of them on a device.

Give me a shout if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: switching accounts on desktop account

chichidl0718
New member | Level 2

To change accounts, click on the profile photo that you have, in your case "RJ". A drop down menu will appear then click Preferences. As the Preferences Window opens, click on "Account", and you will see a button indicating " Unlink This Dropbox". This will then Unlink the current Dropbox account from the PC. This will restart a new window for dropbox sign in, where you can add a new account. You will be prompted to add a new path for this account, and make a new folder to do so. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?