cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync issues

Parbhu20
Explorer | Level 3

drop box is not syncing some files in the folders. i have tried all but not able to enable sync those files with drop box. if anyone can help me out regarding it, i will be grateful.

11 Replies 11

Re: sync issues

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @Parbhu20, welcome to our Community! 

Do you mean that your files don't sync from the web to the desktop app, or vice versa? 

It'd help me to know your app's syncing status and version.

Also, if I were you, I'd take a look at this Help Center article. 

Keep me posted on the results.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Parbhu20
Explorer | Level 3

Dear Megan,

I am using a software which automatically generate PDF documents in the folder which I have synced with dropbox, however drop box is syncing only one PDF but skip other PDF files. My system is always connected to internet so I do not think that might be issue. There is some syncing issue, I have gone through article on syncing issues but did not found any solution. Let me know if you can help me out with this, also let me know if any further information is required. Thank you for your help.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Parbhu20, sorry for jumping in here and happy Monday!

Can you please check if those particular files have any incompatible character in their names?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Parbhu20
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Hannah, thank you for your support. Checked with characters but there are no such characters in file name which is incompatible. Is there any way through which I can connect to dropbox team and show them the problem I am facing, I think that will solve the issue faster, as I tried many ways and read articles on dropbox.com but not able to catch the problem. Thank you once again. Let me know if there is anything else I can try.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Parbhu20 - sorry to jump in here, but could you send us a screenshot of the app's status exactly as shown in your system tray/menu bar?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Parbhu20
Explorer | Level 3

Screenshot 2022-01-11 233419.png

Hey @Walter thank you for being helpful. Dropbox status shows up to date. But it is not syncing changes in the folder. I have send you the screenshot, take a look and let me know if you come up with any conclusion.

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshot @Parbhu20 

Could you get me another one please?

This time make sure to include the files that are not syncing as shown on your computer in order for me to check their syncing icons.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Parbhu20
Explorer | Level 3

Hey @Walter ,

There is no such error with syncing issues showing on Dropbox screen. Is it possible that my antivirus is prohibiting some files from syncing with Dropbox? If yes, is there any way through which we can change the settings so that antivirus can allow such files to sync with Dropbox. Dropbox is not syncing all the changes that is happening in the folders.

Thank you for support.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Parbhu20, in order to assist further, we would need to see the files as they appear in the Dropbox folder on your machine in Explorer.

This way we can check the current status of the files from there.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Parbhu20 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?