cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: unable to install dropbox in hp pavillion 14-ce3xxx

unable to install dropbox in hp pavillion 14-ce3xxx

RiyaB
New member | Level 2

pls help its urgent

1 Reply 1

Re: unable to install dropbox in hp pavillion 14-ce3xxx

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @RiyaB - welcome to our Community!

From what I gather you're having an issue with uninstalling our desktop app from a Windows device - correct me if I'm wrong please.

Assuming that you get an error upon following the regular process, would you mind opening the "Task Manager" by right-clicking the taskbar and clicking "Start Task Manager"?

Then please click on the "Processes" tab to see if there are any other processes associated with Dropbox that may be preventing Dropbox from being removed from your device. You may need to click "Show processes from all users" to check all processes.

Once you are viewing these processes, if you see any items that refer to Dropbox, or recognize any programs that you may have linked to Dropbox, please perform the following steps for each applicable process:

• Click on the line that references the process to select it
  • Click on "End Process"

After you've done so, please try to follow the normal uninstall instructions found on this page: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/uninstall-dropbox

Let me know how this goes if you find some spare time! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?