cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to sync dropbox

unable to sync dropbox

Jon25
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone,

Hope someone can help me with a sync problem I ran into. I bought a new laptop and I want to install Dropbox on it. Ik had an account on my old laptop and therefor I would like to sync it to get the data transfered. The problem is that my old laptop broke down completely and therefor I am unable to use it and so I'm not able to login. I really have no idea how to fix this, so please help! The only thing I do have is the data from my old computer on an external memory...

many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Jon   

1 Reply 1

Re: unable to sync dropbox

Rich
Super User II

@Jon25 wrote:

The problem is that my old laptop broke down completely and therefor I am unable to use it and so I'm not able to login.

You don't need the old laptop to be able to sign in to Dropbox on the new laptop. Just install the Dropbox application and sign in with your email address and Dropbox password. If you don't remember your password, you can reset it.

Once you're signed in on the new laptop, Dropbox will download all of the files in your account.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?