cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to upload images on desk top app eclip(...) there is no upload option?

accountsinfo
Explorer | Level 3

[Personal information removed for security reasons]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: unable to upload images on desk top app eclip(...) there is no upload option?

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the useful screenshot @accountsinfo!

This is the website - not our desktop app. 

The way to upload through the website is using the basic uploader from your account's homepage (you should see a big blue "Upload" button on that page) or even drag and drop files from your computer into the web session directly.

Let me know how this goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Re: unable to upload images on desk top app eclip(...) there is no upload option?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @accountsinfo - sorry to hear that!

Could you please elaborate on what's not working for you exactly and send me a screenshot if possible to have a better understanding of the matter at hand? 

Note that when it comes to our desktop app, the Dropbox software is designed to watch your Dropbox folder and sync any files placed in the folder. Your Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your hard drive, but with syncing features.

To take advantage of Dropbox, move or copy files into the Dropbox folder. This will place the files into the Dropbox folder. Once Dropbox sees changes in the Dropbox folder, it automatically syncs the new changes to Dropbox servers and to any other computer linked to your account.

Let me know if this helped!

PS: I removed your email address from your post for security reasons.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

accountsinfo
Explorer | Level 3

no upload buttonno upload buttonstill no upload buttonstill no upload button

@accountsinfo wrote:

[Personal information removed for security reasons]

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the useful screenshot @accountsinfo!

This is the website - not our desktop app. 

The way to upload through the website is using the basic uploader from your account's homepage (you should see a big blue "Upload" button on that page) or even drag and drop files from your computer into the web session directly.

Let me know how this goes!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

accountsinfo
Explorer | Level 3

no big blue button?

Main home page on my Samsung Galaxy S7 simply reads 

Starred                                                                             Hide 

3 lines top left give me options of 

Home

Files 

Paper

Showcase 

Admin Console 

I cannot drag and drop on my mobile?

Walter
Dropboxer

Apologies @accountsinfo - you mentioned desktop app in your initial inquiry - even though you posted under our Mobile section - and I got carried away.

As you're using your mobile to upload files, may I ask if you have downloaded our mobile app to do this or are you just accessing your account through a web browser?

Based on your description you seem to be on your homepage. If you click on the "Files" tab do you see an "upload" button there?

If you download our moble app, to manually upload a file to Dropbox from your mobile device, please do the following on your Android:

• Open the Dropbox app
  • Tap the blue “+” button on the bottom-right
  • Tap "Upload files”

I hope this helps and please keep me posted on your progress!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

accountsinfo
Explorer | Level 3

Hi 

Yes using a mobile web browser as if I download the app the storage I have in here is massive and would take too much room upon my phone. 

Based on your description you seem to be on your homepage. If you click on the "Files" tab do you see an "upload" button there? No surly you don't have to have the app to upload?

Under files I have ... top left saying new folder. 

... alongside all files none of which give me an upload button 

Ovi A.1
Helpful | Level 5
Hi accountsinfo,

I don’t believe there is the capability to upload files using the mobile web app.

You mentioned that the storage you have is huge, but downloading the app will “only” take up the space of the app and not all the files in Dropbox like it is with the desktop app.

For example I have 1TB of space on my Dropbox and have used about 700GB of that space, but the Dropbox app “only” takes 191MB of space on my phone.

Walter
Dropboxer

And to elaborate on what @Ovi A.1 mentioned now @accountsinfo, note that our mobile app is a file viewer that allows you to preview the files, photos, and videos in your Dropbox folder directly on your mobile device.

Unlike the Dropbox computer application, the Dropbox app does not automatically store files locally on your device. This is because we want to be mindful of resource constraints mobile devices face such as device storage or bandwidth limitations. Given this, the contents of your Dropbox will not take up space on your mobile device. It also means that you cannot preview files without a WiFi or data connection.

I hope this information helps to some extent and remember that you can find lots of other helpful information in the mobile section of our Help Center:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/topics/mobile 

Cheers!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Ovi A.1 Helpful | Level 5
    accountsinfo Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?