cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading to dropbox from a Xiaomi Redmi 4A

uploading to dropbox from a Xiaomi Redmi 4A

Kev B.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've been trying to get it to auto upload or sync with my account, but unlike my earlier Samsungs, I can't find how to do it.

I have a full account, and the app is on my phone and PC.

Kev

16 Replies 16

weilhuiz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Kev,

There are a few things we can try:

When you turn on the Camera uploads and then go to the "Photos" menu, do you see a message "Finding photos to upload..."? If so, does the message disappear after a while or it got stuck there?

After you've taken a new photo with your camera and come back to the "Photos" menu, nothing happens?

Also, can you verify the following: Go to "Settings" -> "Apps" -> "Dropbox" -> "Permissions" and make sure the Storage option is turned on?

Thanks

Kev B.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, no I don't get Finding photos to upload

No nothing happens, I have to use the send/share option

see screendump below

2017-09-22 10.03.34.png

weilhuiz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Kev,

Can you try it again with the latest release 66.2.2 in the Play Store?

Thanks

aasd3124
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Have the same problem on my XIaomi Mi 5s.

Also have the same problem with antoter cload storage app which account I have - yandex.disc - also does not auto-sync my photos.

On my previos android phones (Nexus 4, Nexus 5, LG G3) both apps worked correktly.

Kev B.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi weilhuiz, that is the version I already have.

Screenshot_2017-10-07-10-15-44-562_com.dropbox.android.png

Cheers Kev.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Kev B.1, thanks for your detailed reply & the screenshots... 

Hmmm... :thinking: Sounds odd! Would you mind uninstalling the application & re-installing once & see if this helps you enable the feature correctly? 

If you're still unable to turn Camera Uploads on, please keep me updated here, since we'll need to investigate further!
Thanks!  

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Kev B.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jane, Camera Uploads has been turned on all the time and it has been removed and reinstalled several times, I've been through permissions and lord knows what else, but at this moment it appears to be behaving itself more or less, sometimes it will autop upload as soon as I get near my home WiFi, at other times it takes ages to do it.

Kev

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kev B.1 Explorer | Level 3
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    aasd3124 New member | Level 2
    weilhuiz Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?