cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows kdefendor is going nuts about .dropbox.cache and how it cant clean the threats and i deleted

windows kdefendor is going nuts about .dropbox.cache and how it cant clean the threats and i deleted

lights_rage
New member | Level 2

Hi i have windows defender and it went insane in the past day or so i have never had a false positive before from my dropbox today i find twelve. it also says it cant deal with the problem. I do not know how to tell windows to ignore that particular folder and I have no idea what to do from here after killing the five dropbox processes in task manager because pressing enter did not do as my screen reader said and opening the dropbox menu. I was annoyed to say the least. if someone could give me an idea on how to filter out a folder I will keep working on it. but still this is annoying. 

1 Reply 1

Re: windows kdefendor is going nuts about .dropbox.cache and how it cant clean the threats and i del

Rich
Super User II

@lights_rage wrote:

I do not know how to tell windows to ignore that particular folder ...

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?