cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

won't resume after pause syncing

won't resume after pause syncing

laurelp52
New member | Level 2

paused syncing in Regular (not business) Dropbox. Now it will not resume. Clicking the Arrow circle Pausing, does NOT make it resume. I cannot restart my computer now because of a program running that needs to keep running.

I have never paused dropbox before, no info anywhere about Dropbox NOT resuming after pausing!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: won't resume after pause syncing

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @laurelp52, thanks for posting your question on the Forum and welcome aboard!

What I’d recommend as a first step would be to quit and relaunch the Dropbox desktop app. You can quit by clicking on the Dropbox icon in the menu bar or system tray, and then selecting “Quit Dropbox” that is located under the gear icon. To relaunch it, open your applications menu, find the Dropbox desktop app and sign in again (if necessary). 

Do keep in mind that if you have both a personal and a work Dropbox account, they will be included in the procedure since this is applied for your Dropbox desktop app.

Let me know here if that does the trick and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, have a wonderful day! :innocent:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @laurelp52, thanks for posting your question on the Forum and welcome aboard!

What I’d recommend as a first step would be to quit and relaunch the Dropbox desktop app. You can quit by clicking on the Dropbox icon in the menu bar or system tray, and then selecting “Quit Dropbox” that is located under the gear icon. To relaunch it, open your applications menu, find the Dropbox desktop app and sign in again (if necessary). 

Do keep in mind that if you have both a personal and a work Dropbox account, they will be included in the procedure since this is applied for your Dropbox desktop app.

Let me know here if that does the trick and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, have a wonderful day! :innocent:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

TomS22
New member | Level 2

This resolved the problem, however it recurs everything I pause syncing. Is there a more permanent solution?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @TomS22! Glad to hear the solution worked - even though it is temporary from what I understand. 

My initial thought on this would be to give a reinstallation of the desktop app a shot, in case that does the trick. 

If you’re still experiencing an issue, I’d kindly recommend contacting our Support team due to account-specific info that may be required and in order to have a more in-depth investigation on the matter.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :nerd:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

david b.219
New member | Level 2

Pretty sketchy answer from Dropbox. Why don't  you just fix the **bleep** problem.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @david b.219

Welcome to the Dropbox Community - I'd be more than happy to help!

As a first step, could you please let me know if you're also experiencing the same behavior? Have you tried reinstalling the desktop app by any chance?

If you're seeing any errors, could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) so as to have a better visual understanding?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?