cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wont sync and now cant sign in

wont sync and now cant sign in

yadnom
Explorer | Level 3

Four days ago the dropbox on my iPad stopped syncing with my PC and the files slowly drifted out of date. I tried restarting and signing back into everything but no luck so I deleted the app on my iPad and reinstalled several times with no difference. I noticed a few times I had to tap the email box repeatedly before the screen responded and allowed me to fill in my details but didn't think much of it until it stopped working completely, no matter how much I tapped or waited the address and password box didn't become active. I tried deleting and reinstalling but nothing. The next day I got it to activate by using the stylus but once in it's still not up to date but a strange mashup of old and new files.

Any idea of what to do? I'm trying to email, myself everything I need on a day to day basis but am struggling to keep up.

3 Replies 3

Re: wont sync and now cant sign in

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hello @yadnom, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Out of curiosity, when you look through the website, do you find that the contents match those of the desktop app or the mobile app?

Could you also send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the email icon you mention?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

yadnom
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for getting back to me. it's started working again. woke up and all my foes where there again for some reason. 

It's the normal sign-in page for dropbox where you put in your email and password if it goes south again I'll take some pictures but I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about. I was also getting emails asking if id been using a new iPad, I forgot to mention. Received three of them, one every day asking if it was me on this new iPad and I answered yes every time but it was the same iPad as it's been for years.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @yadnom

From what I understand, you're having trouble with the mobile app, so could you clarify if you sign out of it every time you close the application? 

Also, do you find that you have trouble signing in when you connect via a specific WiFi network or when you use cellular data? 

When you do sign in, do you find that the contents match the website contents? 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?