cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

A 3rd party team admin has accidentally deleted my company account

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

In the process of transitioning from a basic dropbox and setting up a business account, the basic account holder that purchased our business account was mistakenly added to another company's Dropbox team. 

When the team admin removed the account from the team, it deleted the users' entire account. 

This is quite a problem because we were yet to add any other team members to the business account, so we've lost all files.

Is there any way to recover the deleted account, or at least recover the money we've spent on purchasing the business account so we can start a new business account without having to spend the money again? 

I'm confused as to how this can even have happened. 

Where can I get help for this rather strange problem?

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: A 3rd party team admin has accidentally deleted my company account

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

how do you permanently delete a file or folder?

Highlighted

Re: A 3rd party team admin has accidentally deleted my company account

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello Catherine,

We can assist you with this. Can you please contact us from your account? You can find the instructions in your Admin Console under Help tab.

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Thanks,
Vicky

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?