cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A member is not receiving our invitation

A member is not receiving our invitation

BMCBret
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have sent an invitation to a new team member twice on our Pro account and she is not receiving them. I have double checked the address. Please advise.

17 Replies 17

ahildreth
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having this problem as well. I have created 2 different email addresses within Office 365 and neither is receiving the invite, even on multiple attempted resends. What's going on here?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @ahildreth, thanks for checking in with us.

If you're referring to the Microsoft Office for Dropbox integration, I'd recommend checking out this article which gives some helpful info. 

If you have any other questions or you'd like any help, could you let us know some additional info, such as:

• Are you trying to share individual files or folders from the Dropbox website? 
  • Are you getting any errors? If so, could you send us a screenshot (without any sensitive info)?

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

makman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I am also having this issue. I tried to add a new employee to the company, and they did not receive the invite email.  I resent it many times and deleted and re-added the user.

I tried a diffenet email address on the same domain, and it worked fine.  Then I deleted that user and tried the problematic user again, and still they received no email.

Guess I will try the workaround mentioned eariler and register them with a different email and then change it.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @makman; thanks for joining our discussion and happy Monday!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with onboarding a specific member to your Dropbox for Business teams account and I'll be glad to look into this for you if needed.

If you haven't tested your workaround yet and you'd like to have a better look into the matter, please let me know and I'll reach out to the email address that's connected to your profile here so we can drill a tad deeper. 

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

makman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter, thanks for the reply.  I had the get the person up and running so using a different email address I created and verfied the new account, then just changed the name and email on the account.  And that all seemed to work fine.

During my attempts to get it working, I did forward all the email that was going to the new employee's inbox that was not receving dropbox emails to my inbox.  And I also did not receive the invite emails when I tried this.

The bit I found a bit weird though, was when I ended up creating the account with a different email, then changing it to theirs.  After I changed the email address, they started to receive dropbox emails.  No changes where made to theirs or my email filtering or spam detection rules.  So it just started working in the new account, but refused to send invite emails when i created a new account with that person's email address.  But then invite email's worked with other email address on a new account.

So it would seem that although Dropbox seemed to think it sent the invite email, it acutally didn't.

Raffo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I have the same issue. I did not received a new invitation (nothing in the spam anymore).
How I can solve this issue?

Thanks,

Raffaele

AKUK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have had the same issue before, and again today, with a new Office 365 mailbox. I just spoke to Dropbox for Business support who fixed it:

Dropbox Business Support wrote:

It seems that this user was added to our Email Suppression list due to a filtered hard bounce-back from their email inbox. I have removed the user from the Email Suppression List, and you should be able to resend the invite at this point. One suggestion would be to have the user add no-reply@dropbox.com as an email contact to make sure that the invite (as well as future emails) are delivered properly.

Maybe the invite was sent before the mailbox was fully provisioned so caused a bounceback therefore Dropbox put it on this suppression list? 

ZenMaster
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My IT folks found all my invitations in the SPAM folder.  Upon further investigacion they determined that because the reply-to address was mine rather than Dropbox, it looked suspicious and was dropped before the user even knew it.

I suggest Dropbox consider changing how they handle these messages.  In the meanwhile, users having this problem should look for the issue in their spam system.

Need more support?