cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ALL FILES ARE GONE - ACCOUNT DELETED

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

A file was shared with me from an emloyee it was through a Shared workspace, (she didn't know what she was doing in set-up thought she was creating a personal account).  She shared the file and in order to view it I had to join her workspace.  

She deleted the Shared Workspace Account - and now all my files are gone, personal (wedding photos, baby photos, christmas card lists) business (reports, taxes, documents), EVERYTHING IS GONE!

PLEASE HELP!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: ALL FILES ARE GONE - ACCOUNT DELETED

Super User II
Super User II

When you accepted the invitation to join the Business team, you merged your account into the Business account. Basically, your account ceased to exist and was now part of the Business account. If the team admin later removes your account, it's deleted along with all content. Instead, the team admin needs to convert your account to an individual account. See the following help article for more information:

If she has deleted the entire Business account, she'll probably need to contact Dropbox Support for assistance.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?