cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted an external team invite - now cannot see other shared files

Accepted an external team invite - now cannot see other shared files

New member | Level 2

Please help! 

I have just accepted a team invite and now all I can access are the team files and cannot see older shared folders on my computer network or online.  

For a while I could access the old files by logging in online.  But now I think it has synched and EVERYTHING has gone.  

I am so frustrated by this and looking for help anywhere!   Now trying to research other forms of sharing as this dropbox issue has led me to lose hours of work time.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Accepted an external team invite - now cannot see other shared files

Dropboxer
Hi there,

Hmmm, accepting a team invite shouldn't effect the files in your account unless you selected the 'Keep account personal' option when you were completing the on-boarding process. This option would have moved all your personal files into a new account under the email you entered at the time.

If you didn't select the Personal option in the on-boarding flow, you'll want to reach out to the support team and submit a missing files request so they can further assist:

https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/support

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dropboxer
Hi there,

Hmmm, accepting a team invite shouldn't effect the files in your account unless you selected the 'Keep account personal' option when you were completing the on-boarding process. This option would have moved all your personal files into a new account under the email you entered at the time.

If you didn't select the Personal option in the on-boarding flow, you'll want to reach out to the support team and submit a missing files request so they can further assist:

https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/support

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

HI Dorothy, or to whom it may concern:

I was also invited to a team dropbox but i did not accepted it yet because i was not sure what those 2 options meant

but as i read your answer, i should not select  'Keep account personal', because i want to keep my account intact.

so, it only leaves one other option, this is what the other option says:

Join IAWCF with my current account
"I understand that the admins of IAWCF can upgrade my team to Dropbox Business which will give them access to and control over my work Dropbox." 

i don't understand what the second part means

does this mean that the admins of the team invitation have access to all my folders in my account?

if so, then i don't want give anyone access to my existing account and folders?

if not, then can i join the team invitation and still keep it separate from my original account?

could you please explain and help me resolve this issue

greatly appreciate it

thank you

Helpful | Level 5
I accidentally accepted a team invite - now My account is controlled by someone else - i think this Implimentation is confusing and not good.

Explorer | Level 3

YES me too!! It was so confusing my choices were make a NEW account ()I already had one) or accept the FLC team folder. When I did that I could hear all my files moving over to their dropbox. Clicketly click click. I was mortified. All I wanted was for their team folder to show up in MY BOX.

I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO SEPARATE MY BOX NOW. I have had drobpox free version for years and had earned up to 16GB now all of that is gone.

So, I checked with FLC and they said they could not see my folder, which is good. But it is in their dropox becaue I can go to account and it is them. AND IF I DELETE ANYTHING from my own files, they show up in THEIR DELETE FOLDER for everyone to see.

I am furious over this. So confusing they need to change the process. ANY HELP? From anyone on how to separate my box and retain my own 16GB?

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?