cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing files when added to a team .. via a different email address

Accessing files when added to a team .. via a different email address

SummerSorensen
New member | Level 2
I had a client add me to their Dropbox team, but with my work email, while my Dropbox account is via a different email. I think I managed to combine the accounts, but I still don't have access to my client's files - which was the purpose of the exercise.
It's 90% possible it is user error on my end, 10% the client just invited me to the team without sharing the actual files with me (if that is a thing?).
If anyone can shed some light on this for me, I'd be very appreciative! I don't want to go back to the client without first turning over every stone I have available to me!
1 Reply 1

Re: Accessing files when added to a team .. via a different email address

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @SummerSorensen, and welcome to our Community! 

Can you access your plan page here, and check the subscription?

As for the sharing question, very interesting one! 

The Admin of a Team should have a personal, purple folder which hosts all their individual content. In order for each member to have access to content inside their unique folder, the admin would have to share it with the member, since this doesn't happen automatically. 

Otherwise, they would need to add the file inside a Team folder. 

Can you check in with your Admin as to where the files are located? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?