cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Admin

Account Admin

Explorer | Level 3

I do not see an account admin on our account.  I have taken over the email address because it is a business email address.  When I try to find the admin, it appears no one is the admin.  All users can edit, but I don't see the admin.  I can't change any because it says I need admin rights.  How do I find out who is the admin and how do I change it?

6 Replies 6

Re: Account Admin

Dropboxer

Hey @calabashlakespres; welcome to our Community!

Can you please clarify what your account's plan tab is showing and, if possible, send us a screenshot of what's troubling you in order to advise further?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

3.jpg

Dropboxer

This is your homepage and the members of a shared folder @calabashlakespres.

What is your account's plan tab showing?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Screenshot (46).png

Dropboxer

Thanks for your speedy response @calabashlakespres.

It seems like you're looking at an individual account on the Basic plan and not a team account; that's why there's no team admin to be found. 

Can you let me know what exactly are you trying to accomplish and if you get a specific error, send me a screenshot of that as well?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

I have just taken over as the new President of our HOA.  I want to make sure that the old BOD cannot access the account.  I have changed all the passwords for the 7 members on the account and just want to make sure that our information on the account is private to only those who are currently on the board.  I thought that each account had to have an administrator since it said that I did not have administrative priviledges and I wanted to make sure that only those on the board were able to access the account.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?