cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account changes

Account changes

KLS Electrical
New member | Level 2

Good Day

My account merged with another account now I am not admin anymore.

They shared a link and I accepted but now I don't have controlled of my Dropbox.

Regards 

KLS 

1 Reply 1

Re: Account changes

Rich
Super User II

@KLS Electrical wrote:

My account merged with another account now I am not admin anymore.

They shared a link and I accepted but now I don't have controlled of my Dropbox.

It sounds like you were sent an invitation to join a Dropbox Business team. Accepting would merge your account into the business account, effectively making them the owner of your account. If you had your own paid subscription, you would have received a prorated refund back to your original payment method.

If you no longer wish to be a part of the Business team, you need to ask their team admin to convert your account back to a personal account. It's very important that the admin doesn't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen, the team admin would only have seven days to restore your account for you. They need to convert your account. Once your account is converted back to an individual account, you can resubscribe if you had a paid subscription.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?