cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account charged August 12 for a full year with 5 account CAD $1650, would like to cancel the service

Account charged August 12 for a full year with 5 account CAD $1650, would like to cancel the service

Helpful | Level 5

the support page is not working when I tried to submit a ticket, so I am posting it here hope somebody will able to see.

To whom it may concern,

I got an email and notification from my credit card there is a transaction posted from Dropbox which is $1650. I guess this has to do with a free trial I signed up before. However, this is shocking as I do not see any email prior to the expiration date of that trial. What's even more shocking for me is I saw on the website saying it's non-refundable? I do not understand this and I think this is a fraudulent activity. I hope you and your team will look up this case seriously and to give me a refund as this is definitely hurting your reputation in the industry whether you care or not.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Account charged August 12 for a full year with 5 account CAD $1650, would like to cancel the ser

Super User II
It IS an action done by yourself.... you've just said you signed up for an 'Advance Account' - thats a business one. This is also true as Pro does NOT have a trial account. Also, how on earth else would they have your card details!?

You are *REPEATEDLY* told throughout the sign up process that you will be charged the value shown at the end of the trial. Unfortunately you've obviously not read this.

You will need to log a ticket with support and ask for assistance - they will not contact you from you posting on a public forum. Note, however, that the T&C's you've agreed to do state no refunds (as you've stated above). Again, this is also specified upon sign up.

www.dropbox.com/support is how to log a ticket
http:confused face:/dropbox.zendesk.com is how to track said ticket.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Re: Account charged August 12 for a full year with 5 account CAD $1650, would like to cancel the ser

Helpful | Level 5

Followed by my last mesage, I am very confused as I cannot recollect any memory I signed up for Dropbox service. The reason I thought I was is because I did look it up before the free trial for advance accounts, but as I look at the account info, I realized it is a business account with 5 licenses? There is no way I would signed up for a Business account because I am just a recent graduated international student who doesn't own any business. So it hit me that this is definitely not an action done by myself. Could you please contact me asap regarding the situation.

Super User II
It IS an action done by yourself.... you've just said you signed up for an 'Advance Account' - thats a business one. This is also true as Pro does NOT have a trial account. Also, how on earth else would they have your card details!?

You are *REPEATEDLY* told throughout the sign up process that you will be charged the value shown at the end of the trial. Unfortunately you've obviously not read this.

You will need to log a ticket with support and ask for assistance - they will not contact you from you posting on a public forum. Note, however, that the T&C's you've agreed to do state no refunds (as you've stated above). Again, this is also specified upon sign up.

www.dropbox.com/support is how to log a ticket
http:confused face:/dropbox.zendesk.com is how to track said ticket.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Helpful | Level 5

Refund confirmation received. Thank you Mark and thank you Dropbox!

Dropboxer
Hi @CYY

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http:confused face:/bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Done

New member | Level 2

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately I fell victim to this error too. I am a student who recalled only signing up to a basic account for the trial period, and got hit with a $1650 bill for a business grade plan a few days ago. I never got any warning or have any recollection of signing up to this type of plan. I have lodged a ticket to request the refund and cancellation (ticket number #7420340), can your team please look into this asap.

Thank you.

Super User II
I dont work for Dropbox so cant I'm afraid.

All you can do is wait for Dropbox to pick it up and see if they will refund it (noting that the T&C's you've agreed to do say no refunds).

You can track the ticket at http:confused face:/dropbox.zendesk.com but please realise it is Christmas/New Year so replies may take longer than usual

- - -

Dropboxer
Hey @EdwardYu, welcome to our community! 

I have just checked on your ticket, and see that one of our agents has already taken care of the issue for you! 

Have a great week

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?