cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended by administrator?

Account suspended by administrator?

New member | Level 1

Hello

I have a serious problem. I have my original account created several years ago. One customer, at some moment invited me to be part of their team to share files.

The relationship didn't end well (they didn't pay) and now I received an email that my account is suspended, that I need to contact my Administrator.

At some moment, maybe I made a mistake and gave them admin privileges over my account.

Can I do anything? should I say goodbye to my files?

1 Reply 1

Re: Account suspended by administrator?

Super User alumni

Unfortunately you definitely need to talk to the admin of the business account - as the business invite acceptance process specifically asks if you want to create a new account to move your files to, almost certainly Dropbox support won't step in to sort this out without the account admins permission.

You can log a support ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and explain your situation there, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?