cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Access -- Admin left long ago and had 2FA

Admin Access -- Admin left long ago and had 2FA

Explorer | Level 3

The admin for our account left ages ago and, while he used a company email, he had 2FA turned on so we cannot access the account even through our tech guys.  How can I get access to that account and reset the admin?

3 Replies 3

Re: Admin Access -- Admin left long ago and had 2FA

Dropboxer

Hello there @rbrown1, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

Just to clarify, are they the only admin on the team?

If you want to double check, you can use the steps outlined here.

Also, from what you mentioned, were they using a personal device to receive the 2FA codes? 

Would it be possible for you to reach out to them at all to have them assist you with signing into the account one time to disable the 2FA on the account, in this case?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Yes.  They are the only admin on the account and they are using their personal phone number for the 2FA.  I can try to get ahold of them, but that is not a 100% guarantee.  The best solution would be to speak with someone, or email with someone at Dropbox to get an admin reset.  Everyone else on the account has left the company.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @rbrown1!

Without having access to the admin account, there's not much that our team would be able to assist with, especially with the 2FA.

Having said that, you can reach out to Support to see if there's anything they can do from their side, with the options available to your plan from here.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this, but please give me a shout if you need anything else. Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?