cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Change

Admin Change

lexmongold
New member | Level 2

Our team let go of one of our members who happened to be listed as an admin on the account, she is not sharing access with anyone so we cannot remove her as admin. Is there a workaround this to be able to change the admin? We have a lot of files stored in there so we do not want to disband the team and lose access but are afraid our only option is to create a new account for the team. If this is the case, are we able to have all files transferred over to a new account?

1 Reply 1

Re: Admin Change

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @lexmongold, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

May I ask if your team happens to have more than one team admins?

Also, do you have access to the admin's Dropbox account at all, or the email address that the account is setup under?

If you're not sure what the email address for the team admin account is, you can check out these steps.

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?