cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Admin access to users files

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Is there a way that an administrator can gain discrete access to a user’s dropbox files?

14 Replies 14
Highlighted

Re: Admin access to users files

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

No. Then again, never say never.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 10

"Discrete" Not totally, and its assuming you were not foolish and have not signed up private user emails to your DfB account.
To perform this you redirect the company email address the account is using to you, and then perform a password reset on the account, this requires receiving an email to the account email address with a reset link, and then your in charge of the account. Have a snoop and then redirect the email back to the person and play dumb if he ever picks up that his password was changed (he will just reset it himself)

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

this is really silly, administrator mean been created to control over everything and have the accessibility to everything in the company dropbox accounts... any storage management will give such feature...

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

agreed.  I'm becoming less and less optimistic about the business account being viable for the real world.

Highlighted

Some people use Pro accounts for 'business' but DB only identifies "business accounts" as

"DROPBOX for BUSINESS" or DfB.   In DfB each account has an "administrator" that can access almost everything...

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Dear Risk M.

i have two accounts Pro for personal usage and business for the company usage and i can assure you that i am using the company account to access the other users files but with no access at all, i am a little bit confused regarding your last post especially the part " In DfB each account has an "administrator" that can access almost everything...", can you please advise how can i access the other users business accounts files and folders as i can access nothing unless they share the folders which really illogical since i am the company admin.

thank you

Highlighted

If one HAS DfB then one has phone support. I cannot help you with DfB.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Ibrahim Y. : Dont worry about Rick M saying an admin can access everything, he has no idea.

Admins are account admins, not content admins, each account contains private files to that account, the only way someoen gets to those file is to access the account with the password.

Highlighted

Look, I already said "no" in first response.  Ibrahim and Dave don't tell if we're talking about a Pro or DfB account.

Dave's a J.D.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?